SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR IWC FEMALE STUDENTS
Applications for the 2023 LDNY Scholarships now being accepted!
Les Dames d’Escoffier New York (LDNY) is an international organization of accomplished professional women in the food, nutrition, fine beverage, and hospitality industries. The primary goal of the Annual Scholarship Program is to encourage talented women to become leaders in these fields by assisting them in furthering their professional education. In 2022, 15 deserving women were awarded a total of $63,260 in scholarships.
All recipients are offered the opportunity to participate in our Mentorship Program. This program provides scholarship winners with additional support as they strive to advance in their chosen fields.
We are now accepting 2023 Scholarship Applications.
*Please note that a Google Account is needed in order to complete the application. You may create a new account, but continue to use any email address you like.
To begin the process, use this link to the application.
We ask that you read the Rules for Eligibility below before beginning your application.
Rules for Eligibility
● Only students enrolled or planning to enroll in one of our partner schools may apply.
● Applicants must reside in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut at the time of application.
● Applicants must have completed at least one semester of higher education and must be currently matriculated, with at least one semester to complete as of July 2023.
● Applicants must verify eligibility with the school liaison before submitting an application. If they have any questions pertaining to the application or scholarship, they should consult their school liaison.
● Applicants should know the name of the scholarship for which they are applying before submitting their applications.
Eligible women are invited to submit applications. Deadline is March 28, 2023.
● New applications for 2023 accepted starting February 7, 2023.
● Students submit completed applications by using this link no later than March 28, 2023.
● Scholarship recipients selected in May 2023.
● Scholarship recipients, school liaisons, and donors notified in May 2023.
Please note that incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
For questions about the application, email: LDNYscholarship@gmail.com.
To submit the application, the following will have to be attached in PDF format.
1. Resumé (no longer than 2 pages)
2. Official transcript from current institution or most recent college/university
3. Two professional letters of recommendation
a. Recommendations from friends or relatives will not be accepted.
4. 500-word essay including three sections
a. Career plans, goals, and aspirations
b. Relevant experience that supports career plans
c. Volunteer and/or community service and any recognition or awards received as a result of service
Mandatory: Approval from your school liaison is required prior to applying.
You must have or create a Google account in order to apply.
Important additional Information
● Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
● No additional material will be considered in the application process.
● Applicants awarded scholarships will be notified in late May 2023.
● If possible, a reception for scholarship recipients, mentors, and guests will be held in July 2023. All scholarship recipients are encouraged to attend.
● Use this link to submit your application. Applications will be accepted only until March 28, 2023.
LDNY Scholarship Committee
Dame Joyce Appelman and Dame Sharon Franke Co-Chairs