About the Course
This course covers, at a specialist level, the major types and styles of spirits of the world, their methods and regions of production and the factors influencing the style, quality and value of spirits. Instruction includes local and global markets for spirits and the trade and legal structures that govern their sale. Students use the WSET Level 4 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® to analyze the characteristics of the principal spirits of the world.
This course has 15 instructional hours, and a 65-minute exam, which consists of a blind tasting of three spirits and one theory question.
- At least 21 years of age AND
- A passing grade in the WSET® Level 4, Wine Production, Unit 2 Course.
About the Exam
Exam Format: A 65-minute exam that consists of a blind tasting of three spirits and one theory question.
Study Guide: Unit 4 Spirits of the World
Textbook: Distilling Knowledge
How Much Does It Cost?
Registration Fee: $56.00
Study Kit: $130.65
Discounted fees are available to Teaching Assistants. These positions are limited in number and are granted at the discretion of the International Wine Center.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Choose a class date that works for you. You can View Dates by clicking the button to the right, or browse available dates and times by going to the Registration section.
- After choosing the date that’s best for you, complete the required Enrollment Agreement, to streamline your registration process.
- Click the Register button. (If you have not yet completed the Enrollment Agreement, you can complete it during the registration process.)