About the Course
Who It’s For:
Consumers and professionals in the drinks and hospitality industries who have a serious interest in spirits and want to expand their knowledge beyond the basics. No previous study required.
What You’ll Learn:
The history, production and style of spirits of the world: brandies, whiskeys, vodkas, rums, Tequilas, gin, liqueurs and other flavored spirits. You’ll learn the proper technique for tasting spirits and practice with thirty spirit samples during the course.
16 hours of class time and a one-hour exam that includes 50 multiple-choice questions.
What You'll Achieve
- The ability to describe the characteristics of the principal spirits and liqueurs.
- Knowledge of the major international brands within each spirits category.
- The skills to provide guidance on the use and service of spirits and liqueurs.
- The ability to make informed recommendations to customers to meet their taste, quality and price requirements when selecting spirits and liqueurs.
- Successful candidates receive the WSET® Level 2 Award in Spirits.
Please Note: Effective January 1, 2022, all students are required to show proof of vaccination every time they enter the school. No exceptions. Face masks must be worn at all times (except when actively tasting)
At least 21 years of age
High School, College, or Post-Graduate diploma or transcript;
Letter of reference from a wine or spirits trade professional on company letterhead stating:
- That the prospective student is known to him/her personally,
- That he/she is aware of the student’s knowledge of and interest in wine; and
- That he/she believes the student is qualified to pursue structured study of wine and spirits.
About the Exam
Exam Format: One-hour exam that includes 50 multiple-choice questions
Study pack contents:
- Textbook: Spirits – Looking Behind the Label
- Student Workbook
- Laminated SAT Card
How Much Does It Cost?
Registration Fee: $69.00
Study Kit: $94.00
Discounted fees are available to Teaching Assistants. These positions are limited in number and are granted at the discretion of the International Wine Center.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Choose a class date that works for you. You can View Dates by clicking the button to the right, or browse available dates and times by going to the Registration section.
- After choosing the date that’s best for you, complete the required Enrollment Agreement, to streamline your registration process.
- Click the Register button. (If you have not yet completed the Enrollment Agreement, you can complete it during the registration process.)