About the Course
Who It’s For:
Consumers who have a serious interest in wine and also professionals working in the wine and hospitality industries who want to expand their knowledge beyond the basics. No previous wine study is required.
What You’ll Learn:
WSET Level 2 Wines Course has a grape-variety focus. Through the portal of grape varieties, you’ll get to know wines from the major wine regions of the world. You’ll learn the characteristics of all the major, and several minor, grape varieties of the world; the styles of wine they produce; and how to use label information to understand a wine’s quality and style. You’ll also learn how wine grapes are grown, how wine is made and the differences between the key sparkling, sweet and fortified wines of the world. And you will taste! You’ll learn proper tasting technique and practice with six wines each session.
16 hours of class time and a one-hour exam consisting of 50 multiple-choice questions on a separate exam date.
Each class will consist of a lecture and tastings lead by your instructor.
What You'll Achieve
- The ability to interpret labels of the major wines of the world.
- An understanding of the principles of wine tasting and evaluating.
- The knowledge to provide basic guidance on appropriate wine selection and service.
- Successful candidates receive the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines
Study pack contents:
- Textbook: Wines: Looking Behind the Label
- Student Workbook
- Laminated SAT Card
How Much Does It Cost?
Registration Fee: $60.00
Study Kit: $103
Discounted fees are available to Teaching Assistants. These positions are limited in number and are granted at the discretion of the International Wine Center.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Choose a class date that works for you. You can View Dates by clicking the button to the right, or browse available dates and times by going to the Registration section.
- After choosing the date that’s best for you, complete the required Enrollment Agreement, to streamline your registration process.
- Click the Register button. (If you have not yet completed the Enrollment Agreement, you can complete it during the registration process.)