About the Course
Who It’s For:
Consumers who have a serious interest in wine and also professionals working in the wine and hospitality industries who want to expand their knowledge beyond the basics. No previous wine study is required.
What You’ll Learn:
WSET Level 2 Wines Course has a grape-variety focus. Through the portal of grape varieties, you’ll get to know wines from the major wine regions of the world. You’ll learn the characteristics of all the major, and several minor, grape varieties of the world; the styles of wine they produce; and how to use label information to understand a wine’s quality and style. You’ll also learn how wine grapes are grown, how wine is made and the differences between the key sparkling, sweet and fortified wines of the world. And you’ll learn proper tasting technique so that you can practice and receive feedback on your tasting impressions.
Online. A 5-week, 6-module online program with a recommendation of 6 hours of online activities and textbook study per week. You may access the content — including discussions, instructor chats, and feedback — 24/7, as often as you wish during each week, and can catch up on activities as your schedule permits. You’ll study under the guidance of one of International Wine Center’s experienced instructors, who is at your disposal for the duration of the course. You’re advised to taste a range of wines during your studies, from a list of recommended tasting samples, and you can post your tasting notes in the Online Classroom for review by the instructor.
Regular access and participation in the course online activities is essential.
Your exam will be via secure remote online proctoring on a specific day and time. You need to take your exam in a private environment of your choice using a desktop or laptop computer AND your cell phone.
Online study requires access to a computer (recommended) and/or smartphone or tablet with one of these browsers:
What You'll Achieve
- The ability to interpret labels of the major wines of the world.
- An understanding of the principles of wine tasting and evaluating.
- The knowledge to provide basic guidance on appropriate wine selection and service.
- Successful candidates receive the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines
At least 21 years of age
High School, College, or Post-Graduate diploma or transcript;
Letter of reference from a wine or spirits trade professional on company letterhead stating:
- That the prospective student is known to him/her personally,
- That he/she is aware of the student’s knowledge of and interest in wine; and
- That he/she believes the student is qualified to pursue structured study of wine and spirits.
About the Exam
One-hour exam consisting of 50 multiple-choice questions. Your exam will take place via secure remote online proctoring on a specific day and time. You need to take your exam in a private environment of your choice using a desktop or laptop computer AND your cell phone. More information about the remote proctoring process is available able here and here.
You may reschedule your exam date and/or exam format (online vs. in-person) with four week’s notice to email@example.com
The WSET Level 2 Wines study pack will be shipped to you before your course.
Study pack contents:
- Textbook: Wines: Looking Behind the Label
- Student Workbook
- Laminated SAT Card
How Much Does It Cost?
Registration Fee: $25
Study Kit: $119.24
How Do I Sign Up?
- Choose a class date that works for you. You can View Dates by clicking the button to the right, or browse available dates and times by going to the Registration section.
- After choosing the date that’s best for you, complete the required Enrollment Agreement, to streamline your registration process.
- Click the Register button. (If you have not yet completed the Enrollment Agreement, you can complete it during the registration process.)