SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR IWC FEMALE STUDENTS
Applications for the 2022 LDNY Scholarships now being accepted!
Are you a woman currently working in the food, fine beverage, and hospitality industries or hoping to make a career in it? As a female student, enrolled in any level program at the International Wine Center, and with plans to continue your education at the school, we encourage you to apply for this scholarship available through Les Dames d’Escoffier New York.
Les Dames d’Escoffier New York (LDNY) is an international organization of accomplished professional women in the food, nutrition, fine beverage, and hospitality industries. The primary goal of the Annual Scholarship Program is to encourage talented women to become leaders in these fields by assisting them in furthering their professional education. In 2021, 16 deserving women were awarded a total of $79,500 in scholarships.
Les Dames d’Escoffier New York (LDNY) is very excited to once again offer the opportunity to receive one of our scholarships to exceptional women enrolled at the International Wine Center (IWC). By providing scholarships to help women continue their culinary and hospitality studies, we fulfill one of the paramount missions of our organization. It gives us great joy to help women achieve their dreams.
This year, IWC students will be eligible for the following scholarships:
• Linda Lawry Wine Scholarship (Only students interested in a career in wine should apply.)
• Beam/Suntory Scholarship (2 scholarships available) (Only students interested in a career in spirits should apply.)
NOTE: Applicants must verify eligibility with the school liaison before submitting an application.
LDNY member Dame Mary Gorman-McAdams, MW is your IWC school liaison person.
*Please note that a Google Account is needed in order to complete the application. You may create a new account, but continue to use any email address you like.
To begin the process, use this link to the application.
We ask that you read the Rules for Eligibility below before beginning your application.
Rules for Eligibility
● Only students enrolled or planning to enroll in one of our partner schools may apply.
● Applicants must reside in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut at the time of application.
● Applicants must have completed at least one semester of higher education and must be currently matriculated, with at least one semester to complete as of July 2022.
The only exception is for the Careers through Culinary Arts Program (C-CAP) scholarship, which is open to high school students participating in C-CAP.
● Applicants must verify eligibility with the school liaison before submitting an application.
● Be sure you know the name of the scholarship for which you are applying before you submit your application.
Eligible women are invited to submit applications. Deadline is April 4, 2022.
● New applications for 2022 accepted starting February 23, 2022.
● Students submit completed applications by using this link no later than April 4, 2022
● Scholarship recipients selected in May 2022.
● Scholarship recipients, school liaisons, and donors notified in May 2022.
Please note that incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
For questions about the application, email: LDNYscholarship@gmail.com
To submit the application, the following will have to be attached in PDF format.
1. Resumé (no longer than 2 pages)
2. Official transcript from current institution or most recent college/university
3. Two professional letters of recommendation a. Recommendations from friends or relatives will not be accepted.
4. 500-word essay including three sections:
a. Career plans, goals, and aspirations
b. Relevant experience that supports career plans
c. Volunteer and/or community service and any recognition or awards received as a result of service
Mandatory: Approval from your school liaison is required prior to applying.
You must have or create a Google account in order to apply.
Important additional Information
● Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
● No additional material will be considered in the application process.
● Applicants awarded scholarships will be notified in late May 2022.
● If possible, a reception for scholarship recipients, mentors and guests will be held in July 2022. All scholarship recipients are encouraged to attend.
● Use this link to submit your application. Applications will be accepted only until April 4, 2022.
Mary Gorman at email@example.com to request an application
Questions about the application email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope many of you apply!