Wine & Spirits Opportunities
Employers who seek candidates knowledgeable in wine, spirits, or both, and otherwise qualified individuals have posted the following opportunities. Each posting indicates the level of WSET knowledge appropriate for applicants. We welcome listings from the wine and spirits industry and will post them free of charge. Please email email@example.com to share your openings.
Job Type: Restaurant/Full Time
Level of Wine Proficiency: Quite knowledgeable to advanced
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Full time Sommelier opportunities in Manhattan
The ideal candidate is passionate about wine, beverage, service and food. Certifications of Advanced, WSET Diploma, Cicerone or equivalent are a plus.
The position includes the following duties:
-Inventory and day to day maintenance
-Updating Wine list daily and rest of beverage menus
Our restaurants group consists of staples like Nice Matin (Grand Award Wine Spectator), Cafe d’Alsace (Best of Award Wine Spectator, award winning beer list) and Marseille (Best of Award Wine Spectator). Our programs feature extensive selections from France, the rest of classic Europe, as well as a small selection from the new world. We believe in vintage depth and friendly service.
The wine service is par-excellence in a very warm and personable style.
Please email resumes to Aviram Turgeman
While we thank you for applying, we may not be able to respond to all applicants.
Name: Aviram Turgeman
Company: Chef Driven Group
Address: 201 West 79th Street, New York, NY 10024
Job Type: Distributor/ Full Time
Level of Wine Proficiency: All Levels
Salary: Sommelier $15 per hour plus full cut from the floor, plus health benefits
Symposium Wine Co. represents small, family-run organic and biodynamic producers who make honest, balanced, and classically styled wines. Our focus in on the original areas of wine production, e.g. Greece, Cyprus, The Middle East, Italy and France. Our portfolio is always growing as we find wineries that share our commitment to sustainable viticulture, minimally invasive winemaking and historical focus.
We currently operate in NY, NJ, CT, VA, DC, IL and FL.
Our management team is located in NJ and NY, are always accessible, and are highly supportive.
We are looking for a full-time sales representative to work the Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan markets. We offer above average base draw and commission rates, expense reimbursement, and bonus travel opportunities.
Self Starter and thrives on self-directed scheduling
Positive attitude with an owner mentality representing our brands
Outstanding customer service
Passion for wine and food
Experience and relationships with on and off premise accounts from employment with a wholesaler, importer, retailer or restaurant
Driven to open new accounts, develop and maintain relationships
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Strong wine knowledge, food pairings, menu evaluation skills
Great communication skills.
Can lift 40 pounds.
This is an amazing opportunity for a sales professional with a love of wine to further their career with a well-organized, fast-growing, and dynamic company.
Additional details about the company, portfolio, and compensation will be provided upon requested interview.
Name: Link Landvik-Larsen
Company: Symposium Wine Co
Job Type: Full Time/Distributor/Importer
Level of Wine Proficiency: Intermediate
MHW reinvented how alcoholic beverages go to market in the United States and provides industry-leading solutions for market access, sales fulfillment, and compliance management to producers and importers of alcoholic beverage globally. We have helped many of the most successful brands in alcohol enter and excel in the US market. And we are in growth mode to help the next generations of brands achieve outsized success in a highly competitive environment.
Who are we looking for?
MHW is growing! We are looking to add an order associate to our team. The ideal candidate is an intelligent, energetic, detail-oriented person with a service-oriented mindset. They will deal daily with retail and wholesale beverage alcohol buyers and with our warehouse to ensure accurate and timely order fulfillment activities. We need someone who combines meticulous data entry skills with patience and a willingness to assist all customers. A cooperative and easy-going personality and comfort with operating in a fast-paced environment will enable success and satisfaction in the role. This is a data entry and customer service position, not sales or marketing.
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced environment
- An exhibited passion for customer service
- Demonstrated success in delivering results & proactively overcoming obstacles
- Committed to being a team player
- Background working in an office setting in a customer service capacity
- Wine and Spirits knowledge is a plus
MHW Employee Benefits
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Generous 401k Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Company-seeded and matched HSA (Health Savings Account)
MHW is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that celebrates diversity and where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate against race, color, religions, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic provided by law.
Name: Cassie Hoffman
Job Type: Full Time / Distributor
Level of Wine Proficiency: All Levels
Sister organizations Palm Bay International and Taub Family Selections are two progressive wine & spirits import companies owned by the Taub family, led today by the third generation, President & CEO Marc D. Taub. Celebrating 46 years in 2023, Palm Bay International has its roots in Italian wine and now offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios in the US, comprising prestigious estates, distilleries, and popular brands from 13 countries. Taub Family Selections, established in 2010, specializes in fine wines, and offers a curated portfolio from highly regarded estates in 12 countries, including France, Italy, and Spain. In recent years, we have been developing a growing cache of domestic wines to complement our import offerings. These two Taub Family Companies, together with their valuable long-term wholesale partners, are well-equipped to meet the needs of all segments of the market on a national basis. www.PalmBay.com and www.TaubFamilySelections.com. We offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), paid vacation, personal time off, and 11 paid company holidays.
We are searching for our new Social Media Manager + Content Writer – could you be the one?
Applicants should be experienced in all facets of the social media world and have a keen understanding of social metrics, best practices, trends, and be able to write engaging post copy. You must also be an exceptional writer and storyteller with an insatiable fascination for (and advanced knowledge of) wine and spirits.
We’re looking for someone who can inspire curiosity with a single line of copy. A witty, multi-tasking, and detail-obsessed person who can shift from compelling short-form to compelling long-form writing with ease. And if you’re a grammar nerd? Well, that’s just bonus points.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Build, maintain, and manage social media calendars to align with quarterly sales and marketing objectives.
- Create, schedule, and manage social posts (in keeping with our corporate brands and tones of voice) while also engaging with followers/partners – moderate time spent on evenings and weekends required.
- Through strategic planning, work to grow our social platform audiences into a thriving and active community of qualified followers.
- Coordinate paid social ads against a budget and track/optimize performance.
- Develop/track KPI’s and build quarterly performance recap reports.
- Identify and adopt impactful social trends in wine & spirits by keeping track of relevant industry news and opportunities.
- Take on ad hoc writing projects beyond the social channels, collaborating with the content director to create compelling blog posts and ensuring corporate website content is up to date.
Who we’re looking for:
- A curious creative who is deeply interested in the wine and spirits world, effortlessly soaks up knowledge, and isn’t afraid to pioneer innovative social media strategies.
- Confident self-manager who is motivated to achieve goals and complete projects independently in a fast-paced atmosphere while also knowing when to collaborate with the team and loop in their manager.
- Passionate Communicator who can bring the stories of our family-owned wine and spirits partner to life, while understanding the nuances of social media writing.
- Kind heart with exceptional interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor – we are a family here, and we’re proud of our positive, inclusive culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or similar.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in social media management/writing with a strong working knowledge of all social media platforms.
- Advanced wine and spirits knowledge (WSET Level 2 and beyond preferred).
- Working knowledge of AP Style.
Taub Family Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Name: Kate Speckin
Company: Palm Bay International | Taub Family Selections
Address: Port Washington, NY (Hybrid – Three days in office)
Job Type: Retail/ Full Time
Level of Wine Proficiency: Intermediate to Advanced
Seaholm Wine and Liquor is an independent retail wine and spirits store that has been in Huntington, Long Island for decades. We are looking for a reliable team player to fill a full time, wine focused Sales Associate position. Duties include assisting customers, answering their questions and making recommendations, maintaining and stocking products on shelves, receiving deliveries, organizing and putting away cases in our storage areas. Good communication skills, a positive customer focused, service based attitude, working on your feet for hours at a time and the ability to lift 40+ pounds regularly are essential qualities for the successful candidate. Wine and spirits knowledge and sales experience is greatly preferred. We are wine people and you should be too.
Name: Chris Lin
Company: Seaholm Wine & Liquor
Address: 134 Wall Street, Huntington, NY 11734
Job Type: Retail/Full Time
Level of Wine Proficiency: Intermediate to Advanced
Seeking a full time retail wine store manager and wine buyer for a boutique wine store in Nassau County, Long Island. Store is a 5-minute walk from the LIRR (easy commute from Jamaica Queens, one transfer to Brooklyn) or free parking available. Must have experience in wine sales (retail or restaurant) of at least 2 years. Experience working with natural wine preferred. Job will include opportunity to build and maintain inventory, create relationships with wine distributors, and work directly with clients. No late evenings, store is in a small town and near other boutique shops. Pay and benefits will match experience.
Name: Gordon Moodie
Telephone: 917 2976349