About the Course
This course covers, at a specialist level, the major light (non-sparkling, non-fortified) wines of the world, their regions and methods of production and local trade structures and regulatory issues affecting their production. It relates these factors to the quality and style of the wines not only theoretically but also through expert tasting.
This course has 66 instructional hours including six-plus hours of exams. WSET recommends at least 170 hours of additional, independent study time for this course.
The exam takes place over two days; it involves two one-hour blind wine-tastings of six wines each and two closed-book written exams requiring short-response answers.
International Wine Center offers the D3 course once per year. In 2020, there will be two start dates, one in January and a second in September. Thereafter, the course will begin each September. Classes will occur over three blocks of approximately eight weeks each in the Spring, Fall and Winter. In 2020, D3 exams will occur in May and in October.
WSET requires that students have studied Level 4, Wine Business before registering for this Unit.
- At least 21 years of age AND
- A passing grade in the course WSET® Level 4, Wine Production, D1
- WSET requires that students have studied Level 4, Wine Business before registering for this Unit.
About the Exam
Exam Format: Exams take place over two days.
Day 1: Two written open-response exams. First exam to be completed in 120 minutes, second exam to be completed in 80 minutes.
Day 2: Two blind tasting exams of six wines, 90 minutes each
Online Study Guide:
WSET Level 4, Wines of the World, D3 (33 chapters, 400 pages)
How Much Does It Cost?
Registration Fee: $100.00
Note: You may pay for this course in two installments. The initial payment is $2198. The remaining $1150 tuition is due 8 weeks after the course start date.
IF YOU WISH TO PAY IN TWO INSTALLMENTS, call us at 212-239-3055 to register by phone.
IF YOU REGISTER ON THIS SITE, you will pay the entire $3348 upfront.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Choose a class date that works for you. You can View Dates by clicking the button to the right, or browse available dates and times by going to the Registration section.
- After choosing the date that’s best for you, complete the required Enrollment Agreement, to streamline your registration process.
- Click the Register button. (If you have not yet completed the Enrollment Agreement, you can complete it during the registration process.)