About the Course
This course covers, at a specialist level, the major types and styles of fortified wines, along with their regions and methods of production. It examines the key factors affecting the style, quality and commercial value of sparkling wines, the trade and legal structures in the regions of production and the local and global markets for fortified wines. Students use the WSET Level 4 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® to analyze the characteristics of the principal fortified wines of the world.
Fortified Wines of the World, Unit 6 has seven instructional hours and a 65-minute exam. The examination consists of a blind tasting of three fortified wines and one theory question.
- At least 21 years of age AND
- A passing grade in the WSET® Level 4 Wine Production Unit 2 Course.
About the Exam
Exam Format: A 65-minute exam that consists of a blind tasting of three fortified wines and one theory question.
Study Guide: Unit 6 Fortified Wines of the World
How Much Does It Cost?
Registration Fee: $27.00
Study Kit: $76.21
Discounted fees are available to Teaching Assistants. These positions are limited in number and are granted at the discretion of the International Wine Center.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Choose a class date that works for you. You can View Dates by clicking the button to the right, or browse available dates and times by going to the Registration section.
- After choosing the date that’s best for you, complete the required Enrollment Agreement, to streamline your registration process.
- Click the Register button. (If you have not yet completed the Enrollment Agreement, you can complete it during the registration process.)