About the Course
This course covers, at a specialist level, the major light (non-sparkling, non-fortified) wines of the world, their regions and methods of production and local trade structures and regulatory issues affecting their production. It relates these factors to the quality and style of the wines not only theoretically but also through expert tasting.
This course has 50 instructional hours and another five hours of exams. The exam involves two one-hour blind wine-tastings of six wines each and a three-hour, closed-book exam of five questions.
International Wine Center offers the Unit 3 course once per year, beginning in January. Exams for Unit 3 are given once in June and, if there is enough demand, once in January.
We highly recommend that all Unit 3 students download and read the latest versions of the following documents, which are specific to Unit 3:
- At least 21 years of age AND
- A passing grade in the WSET® Level 4, Wine Production, Unit 2 Course.
About the Exam
Exam Format: Two blind tasting exams of six wines, one hour each; one Theory exam of five long-written answers over three hours
Study Guide: Unit 3 Light Wines of the World
How Much Does It Cost?
Registration Fee: $100.00
Study Kit: $125.21
Discounted fees are available to Teaching Assistants. These positions are limited in number and are granted at the discretion of the International Wine Center.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Choose a class date that works for you. You can View Dates by clicking the button to the right, or browse available dates and times by going to the Registration section.
- After choosing the date that’s best for you, complete the required Enrollment Agreement, to streamline your registration process.
- Click the Register button. (If you have not yet completed the Enrollment Agreement, you can complete it during the registration process.)