About the Course
This course covers, at a specialist level, the dynamics of the global market for wines and spirits, as well as the particular realities of the U.S. wine and spirits market; it also covers how global and local consumer behavior and industry structure influence the marketing of alcoholic beverages.
The Level 4 Global Business of Wine, Unit 1 Course has nine instructional hours and two assessments: a 75-minute Case Study Exam on a global issue in the wine and spirits business; and a Coursework Assignment (CWA) – an independent research paper – on a proscribed topical issue of the industry. Students must achieve a pass in both assessments to complete this course. (See details on the Coursework Assignment below.)
- At least 21 years of age AND
- A passing grade in the WSET® Level 4 Wine Production Unit 2 Course.
About the Exam
Exam Format: Theory exam of one question in 1 hour and 15 minutes; and one coursework assignment of 2500-3000 words
Downloadable Study Guides:
- An Introduction to the Global Drinks Business
- An Introduction to Marketing Alcoholic Beverages
How Much Does It Cost?
Registration Fee: $25.00
Discounted fees are available to Teaching Assistants. These positions are limited in number and are granted at the discretion of the International Wine Center.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Choose a class date that works for you. You can View Dates by clicking the button to the right, or browse available dates and times by going to the Registration section.
- After choosing the date that’s best for you, complete the required Enrollment Agreement, to streamline your registration process.
- Click the Register button. (If you have not yet completed the Enrollment Agreement, you can complete it during the registration process.)