About the Course
This course covers, at a specialist level, the dynamics of the global wine market, as well as the particular realities of the U.S. market. It covers the factors that impact the supply, demand and pricing of wines; the different types of business entities engaged in the production, distribution and sale of wine; marketing considerations as well as the legislative and regulatory factors that impact the wine industry.
The Level 4 Business of Wine, D2 course has ten instructional hours and is assessed through a 60 minute written open-response exam. WSET recommends at least 40 hours of additional, independent study time for this course.
- At least 21 years of age AND
- A passing grade in the course, WSET® Level 4 Wine Production, D1 (or Unit 2)
About the Exam
Exam Format: Written open response 60 minute exam.
Downloadable Study Guides:
- Wine Business, D2 (100 pages, approximately)
How Much Does It Cost?
Registration Fee: $40.00
Discounted fees are available to Teaching Assistants. These positions are limited in number and are granted at the discretion of the International Wine Center.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Choose a class date that works for you. You can View Dates by clicking the button to the right, or browse available dates and times by going to the Registration section.
- After choosing the date that’s best for you, complete the required Enrollment Agreement, to streamline your registration process.
- Click the Register button. (If you have not yet completed the Enrollment Agreement, you can complete it during the registration process.)