In the event of a student’s cancellation, the school may not receive more than
- Five percent of the course price, not to exceed $50 and
- a pro rata portion of the total price, representing the proportion of services used or completed.
- In addition the seller may receive the cost of any ancillary goods (study materials, exam) the buyer has received and used.
Any refund will be paid within ten days of cancellation. Cancellation will occur when the student mails the school notice of his intent to cancel; or when the school has actual notice of the student’s intention to cancel; or when the student fails to attend consecutive scheduled classes constituting at least 25 percent of the total lessons or time contracted for, without informing the school in writing that s/he intends to cancel.
If you cancel this contract International Wine Center may keep only five percent of the cash price, but not to exceed fifty dollars, and a portion of the contract price based upon the lessons or services you have used. You may notify the seller of your intent to cancel by mail, addressed to Director, International Wine Center at 350 Seventh Avenue, Suite 1201, New York, NY 10001.
To apply for a Refund:
- 1. Submit a written notice of withdrawal from your course. Send this to IWC’s Director during a week in which your class meets. (Failure to notify the Director in writing may delay refund of tuition due pursuant to Section 5002 of the Education Law.)
- 2. Submit a written request for a refund. Refunds are processed within 45 days from the date of receipt of the request.
- If you have any questions or concerns about refunds, please contact us at (212) 239-3055 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.